How to use MetaMask?
MetaMask is one of the most popular and secure browser extensions for decentralised finance (De-Fi) applications, especially for use on the Binance Smart Chain (BSC). This article will guide you through setting up a MetaMask wallet on the Binance Smart Chain (BSC) so you can play safely on Mafiafoot.com.
- Click on the extension icon in the upper right corner to open MetaMask.
- To install the latest version and be up to date, click Try it now.
- Click Continue.
- You will be prompted to create a new password. Click Create.
Click Reveal Secret Words. There you will see a 12 words seed phrase. This is really important and usually not a good idea to store digitally, so take your time and write it down.
Verify your secret phrase by selecting the previously generated phrase in order. Click Confirm.
And that’s it now, Congratulations! you have create your MetaMask account!
As you will notice, your wallet (metamask) is configured by default for the Ethereum blockchain.
In the best case, the DApps of the Binance Smart Chain will not work. In the worst case, you could lose your funds, if you send them to the address you currently use.
We will therefore change the Settings to tell the wallet to use the Binance Smart Chain nodes.
- Go to settings
- Select the add network button and input the following information :
- We will click on Add Network in the top right menu, to manually add the Binance Smart Chain
Network Name: BSC Mainnet
Once you have saved the network, return to the main menu. You will notice that the network is automatically set to the one you want to add and that the unit is no longer ETH but BNB.
If not, select the newly added BSC Mainnet and you are now connected to the BSC network.
- Be sure to load your wallet with ample BNB (~.1) to pay transaction fees
Once you have followed these steps, you will be able to access almost any Dapp on the Binance Smart Chain.
This wallet supports all crypto assets on the BSC, if they are not in your wallet, be sure to add the token using the specific address of the token contract.
Overall, MetaMask is not the only wallet available to BSC users, but it does provide access to almost all Dapps, making it an excellent wallet.
This wallet is also compatible with the Ethereum network by selecting the "Ethereum Mainnet" by default.
Suppose you change browser or computer and want to connect your wallet again, here’s how to do it. First, you have to find your seed phrase, which you should have stored, to begin with.
- Click on the account icon.
- Click Settings.
- Find Reveal Seed Words and click it.
- Enter your password.
Now save the Secret Seed Phrase somewhere, preferably not digitally. The backup is done now all you have to do is to learn the restoring process.
- Open Metamask and click Import using the account seed phrase.
- Enter your Seed Phrase.
- Create a new strong password.
- Click Restore.